2 Sitio(s) de ejecución
Votslav D., born in 1930: "When the Jews disappeared, their belongings were burned and their houses were given to the local residents. Almost no Jews came back after the war.” (Witness N°735, interviewed in April 2014)
Belitsa is a small village situated 25km south of Lida. Before the Second World War, there were approximately 600 Jews living in Belitsa, making up the majority of the population. There was a synagogue and a Jewish cemetery. The German forces occupied the village at the end of June 1941.
From the archives, little is known about the Belitsa Jews’ fate. Thanks to local testimonies recorded by Yahad, the fate of the Jews is much clearer. On July 23, 1941, Germans surrounded the village. The Jews were gathered in front of the church, and forcibly humiliated. They had to dance while being forced to work. The Germans then organized a selection, and shot 36 Jewish men, including Rabbi Shabtai, in a pit next to the church, which had been dug by the Jews themselves. Two weeks later, the remaining Jews were forced to relocate to the Dyatlovo ghetto.
¿Tiene información adicional con respecto a un pueblo que le gustaría compartir con Yahad?
Por favor contáctenos a email@example.com
o llamando a Yahad – In Unum at +33 (0) 1 53 20 13 17